Equipment Breakdown insurance covers the costly physical and financial damage that can result from an equipment breakdown. This is critical coverage for any business because standard commercial property insurance forms typically exclude the losses that equipment breakdown insurance is designed to cover, such as:
- Mechanical breakdowns;
- Electrical arcing;
- Artificially generated electrical currents;
- Centrifugal force;
- Bulging, cracking or collapse of pressure vessels.
$Equipment Breakdown coverage also includes services to help business owners meet local inspection requirements, prevent loss and get back into business if they do experience a breakdown. These services include:
- Jurisdictional inspections of boilers and pressure vessels which are required by virtually all states and municipalities;
- Loss prevention services designed to help business owners improve equipment operation and maintenance
programs to prevent losses that can impair operations or service capabilities;
- Claim service to help business owners more swiftly restore their business following an equipment breakdown.
Coverages and exclusions differ by carrier and by state. Specific concerns can be discussed with an underwriter.