Private Horse Owners Liability
Your horse may be one of your most important possessions, but it can also be your biggest liability. Individual horse owners place themselves and their assets at risk every time their horse comes in contact with people. Equine-related lawsuits occur more frequently than you may think, and many homeowners' policies limit this type of equine liability coverage or exclude it altogether.
The Private Horse Owner's Liability policy protects you against legal claims that your horse caused bodily injury or property damage to a third party on or off premises— even if your horse is kept at an independently owned stable.
- Coverage applies on or off premises anywhere in the U.S., Canada, and U.S. territories
- Limits of $300,000 to $1 million available
- General Liability aggregate limits up to 3 times the liability per occurrence limit
- Medical Payments up to $5,000 included
- International Liability (covers horses taken outside the continental U.S. to specified countries for shows, exhibitions, etc.)
- Commercial Umbrella Liability (with limits up to $10 million)
- Liability coverage for the horses at home, boarding facilities, rodeos, horse show, and trail rides available.
Coverages and exclusions differ by carrier and by state. Specific concerns can be discussed with an underwriter.